Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800 - WOW ! ........

tamrokin

Fremantle, AU
359 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tamrokin Registered since 09th Feb 2006
Sat 09-Jun-12 04:50 AM | edited Sat 09-Jun-12 05:38 AM by tamrokin

I confess to having something of a NAS affliction and have had a progression of Nikon bodies over time. Began with a D70. The D700 has been a great work horse and then a D3s which is superb - not wildly better than the D700 but a refined step ahead.

Now after 24 hours with the D800 I have to say: 'WOW !' what an amazing piece of technology. Looks, feels, handles just as you would expect a Nikon sibling to do - but with a new level of refinement ... and I have only scratched the surface.

The images I am including are untouched, except for reducing them to 1,200 pixel width. The full images then a 1,200 pixel wide crop from each image (approx)and saved to the 300kb max - so detail is considerably reduced but it illustrates my point.

Taken from a ferris wheel, so shot through plexiglass too. Location: Fremantle, Western Australia.

I will let you judge - but I am in awe of the detail retained in each crop.

Excellent Nikon. To think I was considering a 2nd hand D3x at a considerably higher price recently - worth the wait.

Rob

Black camera, Black lenses, Black bag ...... & NAS Black hole .....

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800 - WOW ! ........

G