Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

NikonUSA Frustrating Me

klrbee25

Naples, US
1386 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006
Sat 02-Jun-12 03:32 PM

I'm a happy D800 owner as of about 3 weeks ago. I'm fine with having the left AF issue and getting it fixed at some point. Right after I got the camera, I notified Nikon of the issue and sent sample images. They've now been reviewing the images for 3 weeks without any definitive reply. I keep getting emails that say they're looking into my problem and reviewing the photos. Today I spoke with a rep on the phone who just made another notation and said it did seem that it was taking an extraordinary long time. The camera works fine aside from the left sided points, so I will just continue to shoot away. But I do expect more of a company than 3+ weeks for a reply about a problem...particularly when some of you guys have gotten definitive replies and repairs. WTF?

-Alex Rosen
www.flickr.com/photos/klrbee25/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G