Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

An interesting comparision - D800e vs. Leica S2

smb_ohio

Canton, US
1290 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
smb_ohio Registered since 18th Mar 2006
Wed 30-May-12 06:22 PM

As a brand-new D800e owner (mine arrived just yesterday), I thought I'd post this very interesting comparison between it and the Leica S2 medium format dslr:

http://blog.mingthein.com/2012/05/05/an-unfair-fight-nikon-d800e-vs-leica-s2-p/

It would appear that with the exception of the slightly better Leica lenses, both cameras produce quite comparable image quality; with the D800e having better color rendition and much better high iso capability.

So, I'm glad I didn't sell my house to buy the Leica !

Steve

A Nikonian in northeastern Ohio

http://stephen-bishop.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: An interesting comparision - D800e vs. Leica S2
Reply message Another way to decide the issue…
Reply message RE: Another way to decide the issue…
Reply message RE: Another way to decide the issue…

G