Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
davidset

Los Angeles, US
133 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
davidset Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Registered since 29th Oct 2010
Wed 23-May-12 10:29 PM

Could you folks recommend ebooks or writers where i can learn more in depth about my d800 autofocus system.
The manual touches on which does what, but i can see I'm going to need more help than that.
An example would be last week in florida, shooting brown pelicans in flight.
As another post suggested,( i did get them to soar past upwind, not move their wings, and some even turned their eye the right way.) .
I was in AFC and single point, on the lead birds head and things went relatively well. thought i may get better, more consistent results with the camera controlling focus, so switched to 3d and nothing was in focus.
I obviously wasn't using the correct mode for the situation, but rather than call on you guys every time i have trouble,i should learn all i can on my own.

all recommendations welcome, and thanks in advance,
david

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G