Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

questions about D800 usage

geneluck

Reading, UK
3177 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
geneluck Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Oct 2004
Tue 22-May-12 09:40 AM | edited Tue 22-May-12 11:06 AM by geneluck

I am currently the owner of a D700 and considering getting the D800 in the near future.

I have read all the rave about the D800 in this forum. Now that the D800 has been out for a while,I still have a few questions :

1- Does it make sense to use it in 25Mpixel mode , knowing that my computer hardware|software will struggle with much larger pictures, until I upgrade my computer :when using silver FX now with 12 Mpixel it is already pretty slow,
Or any of you using the DNG converter either in CS or LR to work on smaller size pictures?

2- Are many of you using it also in DX mode (do I get at least the quality of the D7000)? instead of just cropping.

3- Do you see bottlenecks in your image processing workflow because of this huge picture size increase?

4- Do those of you who see a marked difference with the D700 mostly print or is the quality obvious on high resolution monitors also?
Thank you in advance for your input.
Jean-luc

Jean-luc

Visit my travel website at http://www.jlpepin.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: questions about D800 usage