Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
tivoli1

US
42 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tivoli1 Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Nov 2011
Sat 19-May-12 09:36 PM

Up to now, I've had dslrs over the years but have mostly used them on auto. Now, I have the D800 and I finally want to delve more deeply into the details. It will take time for me to understand all the features of the camera since I have limited time on a daily basis to devote to it. Today I took 500+ shots at an inside interior design exhibition. My thinking, again, not being fully up to speed on it, was

a) I needed to hand hold the camera (I had a heavy lens on it) so shutter speed would be an issue
b) I didn't want to use flash
c) I wanted to be flexible with the aperature for depth of field

I chose to keep it on "A" mode, selected a minimum shutter speed of 1/80 somewhere deep in the menu I found it, and chose Auto ISO which I figured would allow me to make that work and trusted that noise would be tolerable, which it does appear to be.

Were those good choices or should I have made different choices? At first glance, it looks like the D800 is amazing at high ISO numbers.

Thank you.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Exposure Question