Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800: With or with out antialiasing filter?

LMMiller9

Potomac, US
1168 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
LMMiller9 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2005
Sat 04-Feb-12 06:30 PM

Can we talk about this? According to the rumors, there will be two versions of the D800, one with the antialiasing filter removed and one with it included. The one with it removed will allegedly be more expensive than the one with it.

For the sake of argument, lets just assume the rumors are true. I don't want to debate how valid the rumor is, I just want to understand it.

I have two questions: First, why would the one without the filter be more expensive than the one with it? Generally, when you remove something you remove cost and lower the price.

Second, can someone with more technical knowledge explain to me the advantages of having, or not having this filter?

In other words, lets' assume I am going to buy a D800 - Which should I buy and why?

Thanks,

Larry Miller, Potomac, MD
DF/D810
http://lmmillerphotography.smugmug.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800: With or with out antialiasing filter?
                                             Reply message What are you using now to shoot the textiles?
                                             Reply message RE: What are you using now to shoot the textiles?
                              Reply message At least for this week, chose the D800.
                                   Reply message RE: At least for this week, chose the D800.
                                        Reply message RE: At least for this week, chose the D800.
Reply message Some more D800 vs D800E shots at Luminous Landscape

G