Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Anyone compare D800 files rendered on NX2 vs LR4?

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Tue 15-May-12 02:15 AM

I have been using LR4 to render my files from yesterday and today and pleased with the results. For an experiment I tried Capture NX2, which I did not think was the latest version. To my surprise not only did it recognize the profile, the detail was just sharper and had more pop, even setting everything to default settings, Standard PC. I think Adobe needs to keep working on their D800 profile. Usually they get very close after a couple updates after a new Nikon is released.
No matter what I did, the images just looked better on my monitor with standard settings in NX2, without any adjustments than my efforts with LR4.
Another discovery, well not really, we all know you can crop a lot more., is just how much I could crop and still have a usable image.The D7000 has a similar pixel size and density but even DX mode images on the D800 could be cropped a good deal more than the D7000 files.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Anyone compare D800 files rendered on NX2 vs LR4?

G