Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MB-D12 Issue, Seriously?

klrbee25

Naples, US
1386 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006
Mon 14-May-12 01:08 PM | edited Tue 15-May-12 08:36 AM by klrbee25

So I coughed up the $440 for the MB-D12 deciding I still like using AA batteries and the ergonomics. After unpacking the grip, removing the battery from within the camera, and attaching the grip (with AAs or the EN-EL15 in it), the camera gives a low battery warning and then dies. Won't turn on. All the AAs are charged, inserted properly, and the EN-EL15 has a good charge as well.

So I take the grip off, reinsert the EN-EL15 inside the camera battery bay, and then reattach the grip. Now the camera turns on, reads the grip, and will register the charge of AA batteries within the grip.

And for those who are curious, we apparently still can't get a shutter button and D-pad that have the same tactile response as the one on the camera when we're paying $440. This really annoys me.

UPDATE: I kept messing with it, changed the grip battery type to AA Ni-MH and now it works without a battery inside. The EN-EL15 in grip alone now works too. So strange...it's not like the connection was bad (fully seats when screwing the grip on). Not sure what the issue was.

-Alex Rosen
www.flickr.com/photos/klrbee25/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MB-D12 Issue, Seriously?

G