Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D800 - Face Recognition in Viewfinder Help?

davidhunternyc

New York, US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
davidhunternyc Registered since 15th Apr 2012
Mon 16-Apr-12 03:29 PM | edited Mon 16-Apr-12 03:30 PM by davidhunternyc

Hello Everyone!
This is my very first post on the Nikon forums. I am so excited to be here and to have my very first Nikon camera in my hands. My way to Nikon was roundabout. I am a minimalist and so the only digital cameras I have ever owned were the Leica X1 (which I sold for...) and the Fuji X100 (which I currently own). Recently, I was hired to photograph an indoor wedding. As much as I love my X100 it is woefully inadequate for this, low, ambient lighting wedding event. The X100 uses contrast detection auto-focus and too many of my test photos were out of focus. So here I am, convinced by others, to rent a Nikon D800. This is like going from a Honda Civic to a Ferrari (which weighs as much as a Sherman tank). I had a lesson today with the D800 and my tutor and I can not figure out a way to activate face recognition in the viewfinder. Yes, like others here, we have activated face recognition in the live-view LCD viewfinder but it does not automatically transfer to the electronic viewfinder. Please help. If I get corrupted by this camera, I may become a Nikon fanboy. So far, the jury is out. A part of me is outrageously impressed with this camera (and, doh!, the 900 speedlight) but then another part of me is contemptuous that you need the space shuttle to take brilliant photographs. Time will tell.
David

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D800 - Face Recognition in Viewfinder Help?
Reply message Nikon D800 - Face Recognition in Viewfinder Help?

G