Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Its battery is charging...

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 13-May-12 03:12 AM

I got a phone call from the very persistent salesgirl at Best Buy who sounded sad. She began by saying in a somber tone, "well, it looks like you wouldn't be picking up your camera tomorrow as promised. I was about to console her for feeling bad about a delay when she said in a brighter voice, "because I have it in my hands now so come get it a day early"
Actually I do not need the battery to charge since I have the spares for the D7000. The serial number is in the high 7000's
Went through the menus to set things like I would prefer and tried some test shots....left side focal points are fine.

Right off, notice the metering is handing the dusk poor light just fine, the reported green cast of display missing, compared to the D7000 next to it.
The reported chatter of the AF in C mode is there in low light, otherwise in decent light focus snaps in about twice the speed as the D7000 with 24-70. Love'n the AF already.

Just shooting medium JPG right now since I only have SD cards of moderate speed now.
+ button for zooming of display is catching me in the wrong modes every other press by mistake, otherwise all the buttons, menus and settings seem very familiar, despite some having moved.

I'll save the manual reading for the plane to London Tuesday, all seems pretty much as expected for settings.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Its battery is charging...

G