Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My D800 Review Re-visited

JHzlwd

Calgary, CA
458 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JHzlwd Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd Oct 2007
Sat 05-May-12 10:16 PM | edited Sun 06-May-12 03:07 AM by jrp

Colleagues,

A few weeks ago I posted a link to my mini-review of the D800. Since then nothing has been found to dull my enthusiasm for this exceptional camera.

If you really want to enjoy the befefits you should invest in at least one premium lens able to exploit the possibilities presented by this remarkable sensor.

The new FX zooms such as the 28-300 or the 24-120 are not up to the task unless you are heavily into cropping. These are mystifying offerings from Nikon.

Consider the superb 24-70, the 105 Micro Nikkor and even the 70 - 300 mm consumer lens which many pros now pack as an alternative to the pricey 70 - 200 mm.

Best wishes,
JH

http://www.wolfwillow.com/Photo/WPhoto/PhotoTopics/CR_D800/WPTNikon_D800.php

G