Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 "Controls" F11 - "Slot Empty Release Lock"

walk43

Pennsylvania, US
719 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
walk43 Registered since 07th Feb 2012
Sun 22-Apr-12 01:17 PM | edited Sun 22-Apr-12 01:17 PM by walk43

I have an SD and CF card installed in my D800 with my SD as my primary slot. I have a bad habit of putting my SD card in my PC to look at my shots and then going out to take more shots, while leaving my SD in my PC. When I only had the SD card installed and NO CF card, I had the Slot Empty Release Lock set to LOCK...so that I would not snap away with no card in the camera. But now that I have a CF card installed, the Release Button is no longer locked without the SD in place. It just records onto the CF. I understand why and it is a nice feature in that the D800 will allow me to take pics since the CF card is in. BUT...I now have no overflow and my pics go onto the CF. I know I could set it up to do back-up on the CF and then it should work...but that defeats the purpose of using at as an overflow.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how 'lock' the shutter release when the camera is set-up to use the CF as overflow and there is no SD in place?

Dan
(Nikon D800,V2,Sony HX400V,Lumix ZS40)
"I don't read, I just look at pictures" - Andy Warhol

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 "Controls" F11 - "Slot Empty Release Lock"

G