Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
avidude

US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
avidude Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Mar 2007
Tue 01-May-12 02:03 AM | edited Tue 01-May-12 02:03 AM by avidude

So I ordered my D800 the morning following the announcement. I ordered from B&H because of no tax and they usually get a good allocation of new product. After the deliveries started and I realized the B&H was not getting many cameras to deliver.

I saw so many responses here on Nikonians that they were walking into their local BestBuy and walking out with a camera, I did the same thing. I'm in SoCal and went to the largest store in my area and spoke to the photo department manager. They got two and I missed the last one by 30 min. He said that they would be getting regular small shipments and he could order me one and I'd get it within a couple weeks. Last week I got a call from this department manager telling me that a bunch of D800's just hit their warehouse and mine would be at the store on Saturday.

So if any of you are tired of waiting for a D800 from B&H, Adorama, or Amazon - go into your local Best Buy and talk to the photo department manager (who know the special order procedures) and order one.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kudos to BestBuy