Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 batteries @ $49.95 @ Best Buy (closing stores)

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5702 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Tue 24-Apr-12 07:47 PM | edited Tue 24-Apr-12 07:48 PM by Ferguson

Because of the battery recall I needed a couple more batteries (leaving town and not waiting for replacement)....

Stopped into a Best Buy, got the usual $69.95 price ($64.95 at B&H but back ordered), only had one, they sent me to the nearby store which is one that was closing. Those were $49.95. They had two.

All three of these batteries were NOT on the recall list, by the way.

So if you have a closing best buy near you, and need batteries, remember the serial number of the bad ones and check your to-be-closing store. Also, the discounted price does not show on the web anywhere that I can find, only in the store.

Or for that matter buy a recalled one and let Nikon exchange.

Note that regular stores are almost certainly not going to price match, but you could always ask.

PS. No relation to any of the stores mentioned, just like getting a deal.

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

G