Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 video support on Nikonians???

LMMiller9

Potomac, US
1168 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
LMMiller9 Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2005
Sat 11-Feb-12 06:00 PM

I know that the membership here is 99.99% concerned with still photography and that is fine. However, the reality of the imagining world, and Nikon cameras, is that along with the D800 virtually every new Nikon camera has or will have video capability. And in the case of the D800 and D4, that is pretty good video capability. Yet, I find virtually no discussion of video on Nikonians.

I went into the post-processing Nikon forum and asked what video editing software people are, or will, use to edit video output from the D800. No one responded.

So, my questions is, "is Nikonians going to support and discuss the video functions of Nikon cameras, or will it remain solely a still photography discussion forum?" If I can find useful discussion and help regarding video editing and processing from my future D800 elsewhere, that is fine. But, it seems to me that it should be integrated into Nikonians and it presently appears not to be.

Any thoughts?

Larry Miller, Potomac, MD
DF/D810
http://lmmillerphotography.smugmug.com/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G