Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
chiefmasterjedi

US
313 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chiefmasterjedi Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2009
Fri 02-Mar-12 02:02 PM | edited Fri 02-Mar-12 02:05 PM by chiefmasterjedi

Ever since the D800 was announced and I submitted my pre-order, I have come to this forum several times a day to keep up with the discussions and gossip. I have seen many posts asking whether to "E" or not "E" and is there any need for video etc.
My question is, if you could have played a major role in designing the features for the new D800, what would you have included or left out?

Here is my list for the perfect camera "for me!"

1. 24mp with usable ISO 12,800, but high ISO is not a deal breaker for me.
2. 1/500 flash sync, or even 1/1000 for that matter.
3.Built in radio trigger, not just the RF wireless
4.built in vertical grip like the D3 and D4
5.Zoomed DX mode in the view finder, not just a masked out frame
6.Built in wireless transfer and built in GPS logging, my little smart phone can do it!
7.Electronic removable AA filter so you can choose when you need that extra resolution, plus make the IR filter do the same.
8.Leave out the video recorder, that's what camcorders are for.
9.Wireless control from a smart phone
10.Flip out tilting LCD screen
11.mirror less system to reduce vibrations and improve FPS
12.And for god sake give us the user presets that are on the D7000 and have been on Canon's for years instead of having to go into the menus.

EDIT:- Maybe I should add that my perfect ideas may not be possible, but they are just ideas!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
Visit my web site.

G