Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pianoman107

Port pirie, AU
109 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pianoman107 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jan 2008
Fri 29-Aug-14 10:49 PM

With my previous cameras D200, D300, D700 and a D800E I have used the same focusing method of Focus selector locked, Release and focus mode.
I have had some problems with the camera focusing between two people and not on the subjects. To overcome this I would focus on the subjects and centre the shot...if I remembered to do that
What I going to try with my new D810 is to have the focus selector unlocked and change the focus point manually while have the 3D tracking mode selected. With AF selected to 1. What I am finding with the D810 super fast focusing it locks onto the manually moved focus spot VERY fast.
I have not tried this yet but will do today when taking shots at my grandsons Aussie rules game. I will be using a Sigma 50-500 lens and using multishot bursts.
Appreciate any thoughts of other D810 users if this will work, or could I change something else?
Robin Stevens

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New way of focusing?

G