Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Tue 20-Mar-12 08:29 PM

According to Thom Hogan:

"D800 Ship Date

"March 20 (news)--Here in the US it appears that the first D800 shipments will hit dealers on March 22nd. With both the D4 and D800 shipments, NikonUSA is apparently using overnight services to make sure that all dealers get as close to simultaneous delivery as possible.

"Thus, by the end of the week, the following things will have started shipping in the US: D4, D800, EN-EL18, and WT-5. Almost certainly, all except the WT-5 will be sellouts in the initial deliveries. According to several dealers I've talked to, almost none have gotten all the D700, D800, or D4 bodies they have on order. FX is in short supply for awhile.

"One other bit: in the US the warehouse closes the last week of each quarter for inventory, so nothing is likely to go out next week. I don't yet have information about when the next shipment hits the US, though in previous back order situations like this, it appeared that Nikon did a new shipment within two weeks of the original. If I had to guess, that means Ides of April is about when we'll see the second small batch hit the US."

George
My Nikonian Galleries

G