Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Eye-Fi card and the D800

mrpenguin

Windsor, CA
306 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mrpenguin Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Feb 2012
Mon 19-Mar-12 12:44 PM

I know the D800 manual say it will work with a D800 but I am wondering just how practical this is with the D800.
With a 12mp camera I can see this working pretty good but moving the huge NEF files from the D800 seems to me will take way too long to download.

To me using an eye-fi card to just use at home seems useless, you might as well plug your camera into the computer with the usb cord, it will be way faster.

Using an eye-fi card on location to use as an instant backup by downloading your photos as you take them to a laptop through wi-fi seems like a great idea ..... but this will only work if it is fast enough.

I have never used an eye-fi card but was about to go buy one when I realized that it might not be feasible with the D800.

Anybody here using an ey-fi card ? do you think it will be able to download the photos fast enough when using it in the D800 ??

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Eye-Fi card and the D800

G