Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Wingnuts

Birchington, UK
461 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Wingnuts Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Apr 2014
Tue 22-Apr-14 01:25 PM

My D800 is a few months old, a few hundred clicks only and came from possibly the best Nikon dealer in the UK at the latest FW state as at 2014. It has 2 year Nikon warranty but I dont want to send it 1500 miles if I can avoid it there being no Nikon Support where I live.

Last week it locked up when I turned it on, no controls were available and the green LED was on, I turned it on & off twice and it has been OK since but another thing happened and I wonder if both problems could be to do with the cards.

The second problem - randomly it will not delete images from the CF card.(less than twenty images in card)without several attempts using the delete button on top rear of camera. One time tried formatting the CF and saw the 'no images' message but when I turned the camera on next time the images had reappeared!

The set up was RAW on CF & jpeg fine copy on SD which is what I would like.
I have seen some problems noted on other sites where card anomalies have been noted.

I have replaced my 32GB CF (Transcend)with a 8GB Sandisk & removed the SD for the moment to see if either problems reoccur.

Any comments please.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 cards & lock up