Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I dont understand why studio work is so much sharper

Belicosos

AU
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Belicosos Registered since 03rd Dec 2013
Sat 19-Apr-14 02:39 AM

Hello,

Is it normal for flash to produce sharper images? I've been looking at my work and have realized the use of my flash kit produces sharper images than that of using natural light on my D800.

I shoot f11 for most studio stuff and I cant think of another reason other than not being to nail focus when using natural light where I could be using anything from f2-f11.

I have checked the focus accuracy and it seems fine. Could the pixel density produce a much shallower depth of field... because whether natural light or studio strobes, I never shoot slower than 1/125 so I know its not camera shake as f11 1/125 in studio is fine handheld.

Other than user-focus-error, the only other reason I can think of is that flash produces better light for detailed subjects up close.

Very general, but what are your thoughts?? Thanks

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I dont understand why studio work is so much sharpe...

G