Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Low light and autofocus

mmrmaine

Belfast, US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mmrmaine Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Feb 2014
Sun 02-Mar-14 02:24 AM | edited Sun 02-Mar-14 11:39 AM by mmrmaine

My D800 is an extraordinary camera which I enjoy tremendously. I have been pleased with many of my BIF photos, but above ISO 1600, I find there is apt to be more grain than I'd like. I'd like the ability to continue using a fast shutter as the light dims. Would a D4 or D4S be noticeably different? I know the numbers in the specs are much higher, but I am trying to find out if that actually translates into demonstrably better low light performance, something I'd actually see in a moderately cropped 17x22 print. Would focus acquisition and tracking be improved? Faster frames per second would be nice, although not a compelling reason to spend all that money. But improved focusing and low light abilities, and the huge buffer... Those might be things to consider. Thanks for your thoughts.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Low light and autofocus

G