Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Adventures in D800 image recovery

davidgoerndt

Orlando, US
52 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
davidgoerndt Registered since 04th Dec 2012
Sat 01-Feb-14 07:53 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but since it's about my D800, I'll post it here. I shot a few photos at work last week and a couple of images didn't transfer. I didn't notice this until after I had reformatted the CF card. I thought this would be a good time to try image recovery so I purchased Lexar's Image Recovery 5 software. This is my first try at recovering images from a formatted card so I started the software. Just scanning the card took nearly 2 hrs and then the ordeal begins, there are 365 images found on the card and, so far, it has taken nearly 3 hrs to load the image previews. The ttwo or three images I needed were among the first 10 images displayed, but because there is no way to cancel the image preview phase I'm forced to wait until all the image previews load. Previous versions of this software had a cancel option, but the latest version doesn't so waiting continues. Also, the buttons needed to start the recovery process are greyed out until the preview loading finishes.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G