Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Parallel Processed Image Files?

slothead

Frederick, US
1906 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009
Fri 24-Jan-14 09:37 AM

Here's a question that may have been answered in the past, but I can't find any record of it. Does the D800/E process images (say a JPG and a NEF) in parallel and store those images in parallel if being stored on separate media?

The reason I am asking is because I am curious about total buffer download speed. In another thread (topic #30432) a download rate is described for the Lexar 1000X CF, but is that rate maintained if the camera is also downloading a large, fine JPG at the same time.

To take things a step further, if the JPG saved is smaller than "large, fine" will that speed up the buffer download?

As a complete aside, I ordered a Sandisk Extreme Pro CF from Amazon and was simply amazed that I had an Err message immediately upon insertion! I tried formatting it (and while it took a longer than usual time to format and said the format completed) it still showed an error immediately after the format. I returned it immediately.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D810, D750, N1-J5, N1-V3 (and a few other cameras) and a BIG handful of lenses.

G