Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
rexster314

Angleton, US
26 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rexster314 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2004
Wed 22-Jan-14 12:29 AM

Hi all. I purchased my D800 from Dell in May 2012. I love the camera. All was well until the last week of December '13. Going into Live View, either photo or video, will result, in about 95% of the time, an error message in the top lcd, and will lock the mirror up as soon as I push the LV button. I contacted Nikon and sent the camera back 2 weeks ago. I received the camera back from the repair station yesterday. Nikon replaced the bayonet mount which was bent, cleaned the sensor, mirror and general cleaning of the camera. I began putting the camera through it's paces and the ****** error message popped up as soon as I selected LV. Yep, still not working properly. Kept on trying out different things and found that when I turn on the self-timer it will maybe take 1 picture out of 5, then the mirror locks up and the error message appears on the lcd.
I'm arranging to send the camera back again, for the same problem, and am hoping that Nikon will pay the way back this time since the camera wasn't fixed properly the first time.
Now I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else out here.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Error message