Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

EN-EL15 Battery Won't Work When "Charged"

starman0911

Bloomingdale, US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
starman0911 Registered since 30th Jan 2012
Tue 31-Dec-13 04:40 AM

I purchased a second EN-EL15 battery as a spare for my D800 and have had it for approx. two (2) months. It was never used in the camera as I didn’t need the spare until just the other day. That is when I discovered that the battery will not work at all.
When I charge my EN-EL15 battery in the supplied Nikon charger, the charger indicates the battery is fully charged (Light stops flashing). When I place the battery in the D800 camera, the camera will not turn on and the only display is a battery indicator bar on the top LCD that only shows one “bar”. The camera will not turn on at all with the question battery so I can’t do the in camera check to see if the camera will provide any more information.
The battery charger will charge another Nikon EN-EL15 without any problems, so it appears that the charger is not the issue. Will Nikon replace the battery?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: EN-EL15 Battery Won't Work When "Charged"

G