Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Having fun with a Camranger and motorized pan/tilt head

HSSwan

Hollywood, US
58 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
HSSwan Silver Member Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 24th Jun 2006
Sun 29-Dec-13 03:27 AM

This is about cool tech stuff that's useful. On Christmas day I handed an iPad to my tech savvy friends sitting in the kitchen and told them to play ... in the dining room I had mounted my D8 on a motorized 360 degree pan & tilt head connected to a Camranger and their new hub that allows me to not only change camera settings but now to change the cameras orientation. In no time they were panning the room and taking shots of the view or the dining room all in live view and all within the Camranger app. It was fun to take shots while we were eating until the dirty looks got to be too much.

Now my plan is to mount the camera and Camranger setup to get some shots at the feeders. Something I could have done with a simpler set up but I've got a lot of feeders and as the light and shadow change I can to without climbing a ladder and disturbing the flow. This is really working out. Now if I could only get it to zoom in and out....

http://camranger.com/

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Having fun with a Camranger and motorized pan/tilt ...

G