Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bulb Mode on the D800

BlueSkyDoor

US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BlueSkyDoor Registered since 03rd Jul 2013
Tue 10-Dec-13 09:56 AM

I am hoping this question will not sound too absurd or surreal.

I often shoot on bulb mode at twilight time after the sun has set. No matter what lens I use I always try to say as low as possible on he ISO - usually 100 to 200..and as deep as possible on the f stop...

I do a good deal of panning at this time.

Now I cannot help but notice that in the photos I am taking I am seeing parts of faces and lots of eyes...sometimes they could look like me..or sometimes not at all but faces never the less. And maybe I would not even notice them if it were not for being so close up..zooming in..etc..
I am often taking these photos from inside the house looking through a window...glass and screen are up.

Is it possible for bulb mode to pick up any part of the photographer while they are shooting...and behind the camera...?

I am beginning to wonder what in the world is happening. I am hoping someone has an explanation. BTW the room is dark when I do this shooting.

Any thoughts..
Thanks,
Phyllis

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Bulb Mode on the D800