Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Babramsky

US
51 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Babramsky Registered since 31st Aug 2013
Sun 08-Dec-13 12:47 AM

I'm in love! No other way to describe how I feel! It arrived a day early, on Thursday, so I set it up on Friday (thank you, Darrell!) and took some test shots of my family today, all indoors with available light only, to test the low light capabilities, and I'm blown away! I drove it up to ISO Hi 1 and the images were still very usable even with no processing. Impressive! I think I'll still try to stay below 6400, though.

I like all the little features it has I didn't even know it had, my favorite being the Auto ISO Auto Min Shutter Speed adjustment... that you can define by how many stops you want! How cool is that! Why has no one ever mentioned this? I love not aging to change the Min Seed setting ever time I change lenses or having to go higher ISO than I need to in the shorter FLs of tele zoom lenses.

I love the feel of the camera in my hands. Started using the AF-ON button, but it will take a little getting used to. I seem to get my fingers in the way especially when shooting in the portrait orientation.

I only tested the 24-70/2.8, 85/1.8 and 105/2.8 Nikkors with it so far and I'm happy with all of them. The 85/1.8 is a true gem, though!

I'll shoot some test shots indoors again tomorrow, but this time with the SB-700 on camera with and without the Gary Fong diffuser. And then I'll brave the cold weather and take some shots outdoors. If it can do so well in high ISO territory, I can only imagine how it can do with low ISO! Can't wait!

Thank you again to everyone who helped me through the decision making process. No buyer's remorse here!

Bengisu

D7000, DX lenses: 35/1.8G, 18-55, 18-105 VR, 18-200 VR, 55-200, 55-300 VR

G