Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MB-D12 Drains my D800e camera battery

Copper101

Pueblo, US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Copper101 Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Jan 2013
Sat 30-Nov-13 03:25 AM

Hi all,
Jumping in with my first post to ask for advise with a problem. I recently purchased a MB-D12 battery pack for my D800e. I initially tried it out using 8 Duracell AA's, and the camera recognizes that the battery pack is attached, but does not give any power levels. This is consistent no matter which order the batteries are prioritized. In addition, if the battery pack is left in place, even with no batteries installed, the camera battery is dead by morning. When the camera battery is charged and the battery pack is attached, the controls on the MB-D12 appear to all operate accordingly, but the camera does not appear to be getting any power from the pack. The MB-D12 was an Ebay purchase from a Chinese supplier, and therefore has a warranty card in Chinese. I normally do not purchase equipment outside of Nikon USA warranties, but the price was so tempting I took the chance and may be paying for it now. It's not worth trying to send it back and I'm afraid I may have a high tech. paperweight. I have double and triple checked everything in the manual and would appreciate any advise you may have.
Thanks in advance.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MB-D12 Drains my D800e camera battery