Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4568 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Sun 25-Mar-12 08:43 AM | edited Sun 25-Mar-12 08:50 AM by richardd300

Hi.

Has anyone tried to capture wildlife and in particular at a distance please? Whether it be a static bird shot, via panning or frozen in flight, I would be most interested in seeing the results. It would be most useful if these could be at higher ISO's (800 min) and cropped. Even better if these could be accomplished in DX mode.

I've been trawling through the D800 posts and it seems overall that folks are happy with their purchases thus far. I have looked at the D700 v D800 noise comparison images and they are looking ok. I say "ok" as I would expect at least the same IQ as the D700 at higher ISO's or I think there would have been great disappointment! After all Nikon did tell us they would be as good as each other. However, I have read one or two posts which are less than complimentary about the fps speed situation, although I find this no real surprise trying to buffer the massive file sizes.

I haven't seen anything that's blown me away yet, but it's very early days.

Any images would be greatly appreciated please.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

G