Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Configuration Settings Spreadsheet_BETA

chroaz

Cave Creek, US
745 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
chroaz Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Apr 2009
Tue 20-Mar-12 11:32 PM | edited Thu 22-Mar-12 10:14 PM by chroaz

A couple of years ago I developed a Configuration Settings and Setup spreadsheet for the D7000. It is pinned at the top of the D7000 forum.

I am waiting, along with a lot of us , for my D800 to arrive, and since the User Manual for it has just been released by Nikon, I thought I would gainfully occupy myself with developing a similar tool for the D800.

However I am now pretty much exclusively Mac based, having finally abandoned Microsoft and Windows, and so I have inititially developed it in Apple's iWork Numbers for the Mac. I appreciate that that wont be much good for all you guys using Windows - sorry about that! But for Mac users I hope it will help.

As I haven't even seen the D800 yet, let alone got my grubby paws on it, I am really flying a bit in the dark, and so this is very much a BETA version, just to start the process. As such I am sure it has lots of errors and omissions in it, which I will gradually try and correct as I go along, and especially when my camera arrives and I can actually see how it operates!. If you do find any obvious mistakes or have any suggestions (for those Mac users who are able to run it), please let me know

If I can find a copy of Excel for the Mac which can run the functions I have embedded in this Numbers file, then I will try and develop a version for Excel that can run on Windows (I did that for the D7000). EDIT: I am currently working on a version in NeoOffice which hopefully will be able to run in Excel for Windows.

Anyway here's the beta version which can be downloaded from the link below (updated Beta2 version):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12844510/D800_Settings_iWork_Numbers_v1.01_beta2.numbers

EDIT: Please note that the settings that appear in the various menus in the spreadsheet are only illustrative of the choices available at this stage - they are not neccessarily indicative of a setting that I, or any other particular shooter, might choose for a specific shooting situation. When I have the camera in hand, I will fill in each menu and shooting situation with an appropriate setting.

MEANWHILE I would welcome any suggestions from experienced users as to what those selections should be!

EDIT: I've also attached to this post a .pdf version so you can see what it looks like. This will not of course have any interactive functionality and only shows the "value" in the currently selcted cell (ie: when the .pdf was generated), not all the numerous options for each condition listed. Anyway i hope it helps.

Cheers!

Chris

https://www.nikonians.org/forums/user_files/218349.pdf

Attachment#1 (pdf file)

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.
- Ansel Adams

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.throughmeyelens.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Configuration Settings Spreadsheet_BETA
Reply message RE: D800 Configuration Settings Spreadsheet_BETA [b]*NE...

G