Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which Forum for the Now More Than Rumored "DF"?

This topic is locked. This message is locked.
Jim Mohundro

Seattle, US
450 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jim Mohundro Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2008
Sun 03-Nov-13 07:14 PM

I suspect that there would be a real resistance on this, the "senior" Nikon discussion site where many participants are professionals or at least quite advanced amateurs, to any speculstion re the new FF Nikon DSLR to be formally announced on Tuesday, 5 November; however, some us short-time Nikonians (only a Silver snd only four years) may want to get a good look at the new body (I've got a 105 f/2.5 AI-s and a 135 f/2.8 AI-s that could potentially be re-awakened for more frequent use with the right kind if viewfinder, for example--unless one uses live view, the green dot seems to have a bit too much over/under slop for acceptably accurate, precision and predictable focusing), as an alternative to the D800 which I, for example, have been considering.

At the right price, say at or under $2,000, and with the appropriate features for me, I'd consider moving from my D700. At around $3,000, the D800 would seem a much better choice for me overall, even with the necessity of upgrading my skills (most advice on this forum about moving up to the D800 have been somewhat intimifating (lens upgrades, mostly tripod use, etc).

So, is there a Nikonians forum for speculation about the DF or is this a need made irrelevant by the expected announcement on 5 November?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G