Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with memory card + iMac

zari1

BE
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zari1 Registered since 02nd Nov 2013
Sat 02-Nov-13 07:27 PM

Usually I upload (import to Aperture) the photos from D800 to the iMac via cable: never had a problem with that.

Recently I was in a hurry and thought it would be quicker to use the memory card slot in the iMac to upload some of the photos. Indeed, I did that and the result was that the photos I selected for upload (=import to Aperture) were re-formatted in a way that it is impossible to read them in the iMac (Aperture), in the memory card (something was written to those selected photos in the memory card!) which is in the D800 or Epson P-7000. Of course those were the best photos (around 80 photos) of the card. I'm not able to see even the icon. The other photos in the memory card are ok.

Hereafter more details:
- Lexar Professional SD card, 32GB 600x
- iMac, OS X v10.8 (Mountain Lion), in the meantime upgraded
- Nikon D800
- the 'new' format is still NEF and the size of the photos is around 40MB

I have tried to decipher the files with the Lexar SW: no result. With a Nikon SW: no result.

If you know what I could do or who to contact, I'd appreciate a lot. Many thanks in advance!

Greetings,
zari

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem with memory card + iMac