Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Back Button Focus and cable release

paulfree17

Montville, US
132 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
paulfree17 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jul 2009
Mon 28-Oct-13 03:21 PM

I have just gotten used to and appreciate the back button focusing on my D800. I love it and would not consider going back. However I do have a question as to how it works when the camera is on a tripod and you are using a cable release especially if on continuous focus.

The whole purpose of using a cable release is to not touch the camera before shooting. If I push my cable release halfway down without BB focus it will lock in focus and exposure. However with BB focus it will only lock the exposure (at least I think so since the focus is now decoupled from the shutter button).

So if I am set to continuous focus and on a tripod how do I in effect hold down the focus button without touching the camera? Or do I need to disable BB Focus when on a tripod?

Thanks
Paul

<a href="http://pfotos-by-pfreedman.com/photo" target=_blank>Pfotos-By-PFreedman</a>

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Back Button Focus and cable release

G