Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wrapping my head around the D800 Left Focus

gforeman

Winchester, US
239 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gforeman Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Nov 2004
Sun 13-Oct-13 05:14 PM | edited Sun 13-Oct-13 05:21 PM by gforeman

If I center focus, then move the focus point far left and shoot again, isn't the distance to the far left further than the center? So wouldn't the focus be off because of distance?

Click on image to view larger version

Here are two shots, D800 50mm wide open, 4' from camera to target.

Focus point was 64

Focus point was 76

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

G-Man

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wrapping my head around the D800 Left Focus

G