Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 - Focusing & Exposure Problem while shooting

dparikh72

US
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dparikh72 Registered since 01st Oct 2013
Tue 01-Oct-13 03:46 PM

Hello

I am relatively new with D800, coming from D90.

I am a event photographer and with D90 i used to just press the shutter fast and getting the great clicks in dance party or any event or if someone else using my camera.

With D800 i am losing this fun. I just cant press the shutter and get the clicks, many many times it is defocused and specially someone else taking my pic who is not aware of AF-ON spoils the photo.

I use NIKON 24-120 lens.

In dance party or wedding you need to click fast you cant just keep press the AF-ON all the time.

Is there any setting in camera that i dont need to worry about focus?

Exposure Problem
----------------

In the night shoot with speed light if i click fast; exposure changes automatically and after 3 shots i get the one i am looking for. My exposure is set to 0 zero.

Here is the sequence of the photos. Perfect - Little Dark - very Dark and then Perfect.

Thanks

G