Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

10 pin connector on year old D800E

Timeshifte

Dayton, US
206 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Timeshifte Gold Member Nikonian since 10th May 2012
Sun 29-Sep-13 05:08 AM | edited Mon 30-Sep-13 01:55 AM by Timeshifte

I just had the 10 pin connector fail on my year old D800E, I had it repaired in Sacramento. I asked for the old connector and I can see why it failed , its held into the metal ring with glue. There is a tab on one side that centers the plastic connector inside the metal ring. Any pushing in by your release or GPS connector would push the plastic center out of the metal ring. I will get a pix up to show what I'm talking about. I think it was my real Nikon release that did mine in, as soon as its pushed a fraction of an inch it will turn if you put pressure on the connector. The combo action of pushing and turning makes it fall into the camera. It was $250 to fix, the good news is I found a great service shop in Sacramento, California Precision Service got it done for me in one day . I dropped it off Thur , they had it done Fri morning. I had shoot in Red Bluff Ca, I was coming from Mn on my way to Red Bluff when it quit, they saved the day for me. Great customer service , fair price great to work with. The second bit of good news with the camera is the tech told me Nikon changed the part and how its installed so it should be a permanent fix. I'd be interested in anyone else that's had this problem and are they happy with the fix.

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 10 pin connector on year old D800E