Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
slothead

Frederick, US
1904 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009
Wed 18-Sep-13 02:42 PM

I'm baaaack!
About six months ago I sold my D800 to fund other adventures. Those adventures succeeded, but I was not particularly comfortable with the results. So I (just this week) contacted the party that bought my D800 and I was able to buy it back for the same price as I got for it.

I realize that there was probably some depreciation that would have occurred, but the camera was used very little after the sale (I need to go confirm the difference in actuation count), and it was a known entity not having any of the focus problems that some did, and in fact the camera was sent to Nikon to have it checked after the sale and not only did it come back clean, but was accompanied by a new battery and they even updated the firmware.

Anyway, I'm pleased as punch, and feel like I am "back home" (and still have a new alternate platform for other applications).

Later,

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D810, D750, N1-J5, N1-V3 (and a few other cameras) and a BIG handful of lenses.

G