Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mtpeke

Weaverville, US
1230 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
mtpeke Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Feb 2002
Wed 18-Sep-13 02:32 PM

I love my D300 and have been impatiently waiting on either a D400 or a D700 replacement and it appears that the D400 is a far far off dream and no idea when the D800 will be replaced. I do a little bit of pro work but it is mostly for my own enjoyment. I shoot a bit of everything: Travel, wildlife, landscapes, people and events (school events with poor lighting) and some sports. In a perfect world I would have a D4 but the money is not there. I do have a fair bit of FX glass and updated my computer 2 months ago to one that is screaming fast so I will be ok there I think. So is it worth it to save $300 to $400 on a good used unit from B&H or KEH? My neighbor stepped up from a D300 to D800 and the leap in IQ has been HUGE. Thoughts appreciated.

Carpe Diem!

Alicia

D300 user in western NC

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New vs Used D800?
Reply message RE: New vs Used D800?