Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
PhotoByKim

Canning Vale, AU
54 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PhotoByKim Registered since 17th Oct 2011
Mon 16-Sep-13 08:30 PM

Hi all. I just want to rave about how great this camera is. I had a D7000 and took it on a round the world trip a couple of years ago using a Tameron 18-270 lens. I took about 2500 photos over 6 weeks but only got about 10% keepers because of poor focus. I tried everything so ended up buying a D800 thinking the higher pixel count would result in sharper pictures.
I have been blown away with the results, achieving over 90% in focus and tack sharp. I am still on this years holiday, 7 weeks and visiting UK, France, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Ireland, Iceland and am currently driving round New England USA for the next two weeks. My photos are outstanding which just proves to me that my problems with the D7000 were not technique, but I suspect was the lens.
Regardless I love my D800 and if I lost this one I would purchase another tomorrow.
My travel kit cosists of D800, 28-300 lense, black rapid strap. I also have my tripod and ball head and SB910 in my bag. I keep the 28-300 lens on all the time and find it the ideel travel all round lens. The shoulder strap is great.
Sorry to rave but I just love the camera I had to say how great it really is.
Cheers ... Kim

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

"People will forget what you said, forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." — Maya Angelou

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 for travel

G