Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question about batteries.

iunlock

New Iberia, US
47 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
iunlock Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Jan 2012
Sat 14-Sep-13 02:06 PM

I recently bought a used D800 from a Nikon dealer and returned it after only a few weeks of using it. I am anxiously awaiting my brand new D800 as I am typing this.
One of the problems which I had with the used camera body was a constant "ERR" message which kept flashing. When the message would flash my image would be completely blown out. I was using two different batteries with the used unit, one was Nikon and the other was an off brand. Do you think that the off brand battery played a part in the Err message appearing? The message would appear regardless of which battery I had in the camera at the time and also regardless of which CF card I was using as well.
My question is do you guys use off brand batteries? and do you think that I will be alright using the off brand in my new body or should I stick with Nikon OEM?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question about batteries.

G