Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just Upgraded to the D800

John M

Newport News, US
307 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
John M Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Oct 2003
Tue 10-Sep-13 12:30 PM

I just upgraded to the D800. I have had the D700 since 09 and loved the camera. D200 prior to that. I convinced my wife to let me have the camera early, prior to my retirement. I retire in 8 days with plans to continue the photography full time now.

I bought 2 SD's @32 GB and 2 CF's (Primary) @32 GB. A Really Right Stuff "L" bracket and second battery. After reading the forums the GGS glass backs. It all dribbled in last week and I went out Sat like a kid with a new toy just to try. Even in the poor lighting much better than before. Sat evening I got some some good AV lighting shots of the I have been wanting to capture. Really pleased with the results.

Here is a funny for you, leaning against a pole in Yorktown looking for a screen in the menu's that moved going I know it's here and I cannot find it! Need to finish Darrell's book.

John M
NN, VA
http://www.jmjstudios.net/
https://500px.com/jmurphy18

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Just Upgraded to the D800