Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jsimp3

US
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jsimp3 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jun 2011
Sat 17-Aug-13 12:03 PM

Greetings everyone,

I have had my D800 for about a year now, and I am still learning the camera. Because of my work schedule, I haven't had time to use it as much as I would like. I am having issues with grainy images, and overall image quality. I have a D80, and a D7000… both are giving me better image quality at point of capture than the D800. After cropping… image quality is much sharper with the D80, and the D7000. I realize it's probably the camera settings… but I am not sure of what adjustments to make. I am shooting RAW, using a Nikon 24-70 in most cases.

Even though the file sizes will be large, I would like to have the sharpest quality settings.

Looking for some suggestions on what to settings to play with, or if I go back to default settings will that be a good starting point?

Thanks in advance…

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Grainy images