Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 importing Raw to new 27" iMac OS X Mountain Lion

Thorney

Victoria, CA
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Thorney Registered since 09th Dec 2012
Sat 17-Aug-13 03:17 AM

Hi all, sorry if this has been covered somewhere out there and I did search for it... I switched to iMac from PC two days ago and now wonder what took me so long! Really enjoying it. Adobe let me swap CS6 and LR4 for free and I am now letting the beast set up a 25,000 song library of iTunes smart playlists of mostly classical. I will wait until that is done before I hook the D800 up and import some files.

I was using Nikon Transfer2 in Windows to import from the D800 and it worked very well. I believe from what I see on Nikon's sites that Transfer may not be compatible/supported for OS X 10.8

I have always resisted shelling out big dollars for Nikon's software especially after buying a D200, D800, and F6 in the last few years. The software should be free IMHO. So, I would like to stick with Transfer if I could. I have also been know to just simply use Windows Explorer to move everything over and this never was a problem. I am not doing huge shoots and usually have a hundred or so 36MP NEFs to upload.

Can anyone with the same set up as me let me know what they are using and what they recommend? (based on experience please - I could never figure out the 'I don't use that but this is what I think' types of posters - go take pictures dudes...

I also have switched to View NS 2 for MAC and use this as my D200 has been modified for IR and I need to have a program that accepts my preset WB values (this is pretty essential with IR). Close is not good enough, eh? So, if anyone is using View NS 2 (which I believe is mountain lion friendly) to import from the camera, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanking you in advance.

In the Divine Light,
Thorney

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 importing Raw to new 27" iMac OS X Mountain Li...

G