Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 top LCD badly damaged + AF doesnt work + shutter release - See more at: http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/1430/d800-top-lcd-badly-damaged-af-doesnt-work-shutter-release-doesnt-function

CreativePixelz

AE
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
CreativePixelz Registered since 09th Aug 2013
Fri 09-Aug-13 04:19 AM

Hello Nikonians,

Probably one of the saddest days of my photography journey. Its the month a year back i got my D800 and a year later im weeping on it.

Unfortunate incident happened today early morning during the milkyway shoot, where a strong wind somehow managed to throw my D800 with Nikkor 14 24 and the tripod about 3 feet away onto concrete steps. This fall directly hit the top LCD panel area to the ground, thus smashing it completely. There is a major crack around the LCD panel aswell. All thats left of the LCD is just black cracked glass.

Also the camera isnt focusing, for a moment i thought 14 24 was damanged, but once i tested it on other cam, it worked fine. Mounted a 50mm on D800 to give another test, but autofocus seems to be dead.

Also the shutter release isnt working, when tried clicking, ERR msg flashes in the viewfinder. May be its obvious that without autofocus shutter wont click. Wanted to test on manual focus, but the disaster was too much to handle and dediced to box the whole sruff and leave it aside.

Will take it to Nikon pro service in Dubai in 2 days from now. Could anyone let me know if you had encounterd , if not all, any of such situations and what were the results. Do you think my D800 could survive ( though with a expensive service , which i really dont mind at this given point). Just hope and pray it gets back to its old glory.

Please leave your valuable comment, it would definately help and is much appreciated,

If any of you could help me in letting me know on how i could load the image of the camera here, it woud be helpful.

Thanks

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 top LCD badly damaged + AF doesnt work + shutt...

G