Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

If you're on the fence about a D800 due to size/weight...

Surge75

CA
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Surge75 Registered since 08th Jul 2013
Tue 09-Jul-13 06:00 PM

Thought I'd post this as I almost did not buy my new D800E because of all the complaints about how heavy and big it is, especially when coming from an APS-C sized sensor camera.

Compared to my Fuji X-Pro 1, I have to say that the D800 is actually EASIER to carry when walking around. Why?

Well because I only need one lens. With my 28mm Nikon lens, and 36 MP, I can just crop when I want to 'zoom'. Compare that to a carrying an X-Pro 1 and 3 lenses in a bag... which would you rather take?

Either a camera fits in a pocket or does not. If it does not, it's almost irrelevant how big/heavy it is (this side of a medium format!).

So, stop whining and complaining about how heavy and big the D800 is; it's actually lighter and more convenient than an APS-C sized camera and lenses kit.

Oh, and for those who don't like the D800 because of the massive file sizes, just save your edited RAW into a JPEG when you're done and you'll end up with 5-7 MB files. No big deal.

I'm surprised at all the 'professional' reviewers who complained about the above, and forgot to mention what I just did.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: If you're on the fence about a D800 due to size/wei...

G