Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fireworks and the 800? How does one get good results?

FutureFocus

Leominster, US
64 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
FutureFocus Registered since 18th Feb 2013
Fri 05-Jul-13 03:34 PM

This is the first year and opportunity I've had to shoot displays on or around the 4th with my relatively new D-800.

Last night was a partial bomb which resulted in shots with too much smoke or the snap was taken too late. Actually, a good deal of them look like they came out of an astronomy magazine! I love astro pix however that was not my intent.

Not having shot this type of event before I was all over the place trying to come up with settings and technique that would work while the show was in progress.

I was so tired after a long drive from another state earlier in the day I failed to remember to use AF-C mode which may of helped.

There's another display on Sat night so I have a chance to potentially redeem myself!

Accordingly, please assist me in relaying your advice, camera settings and suggestions so I can get up to speed post haste.

Hope everyone had a happy 4th.

G