Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Does Anyone Regret Moving From D700 to D800 ?

DinoCardelli

Plantation, US
236 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DinoCardelli Registered since 19th Oct 2010
Mon 01-Jul-13 11:00 AM | edited Mon 01-Jul-13 11:04 AM by DinoCardelli

Ok,

It's been a while....the D800 has been in the market, lots of info, stories, problems, etc..but, like most things...they get resolved.......

Please try and admit your baby is ugly (LOL)...trying to hear from others on realistic specific items...I'll disregard issues are left focus, etc. etc. ...e.g. mechanical issues...those should eventually be fixed....will be looking to upgrade sometime in the next 12 months, if I decide to move...

Currently own D700, D7K, and all FX glass....

I love my D700 and find it hard to consider moving to anything else...but, I'm sure at some point, my vaccine of NAS will wear down when the credit card balances are drawn down (LOL).......

What I'm most interested in are:

1.) Do you find the ability to hand-hold and obtain great in focus shots? I do mostly portrait work and still life....no sports and limited street shooting

2.) How much do you find the computer bogging down with the larger files (ok, i know depends on processsor, memory speed ( I have a MAC Pro 8GB memory) I7, so, i'm not too worry abou this...but, just interested in how LR works with the files?

3.) Do you feel the investment is worth the return?

4.) For those who've made the move, e.g. D700 to D800, do you see a real difference in shot improvements....reason for my ?, when I went from my D7K to D700, everyone said my shots improved....don't know if it was me..or the camera, but, I also noticed a difference...thus the reason for my question....

DC

Visit my professional gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Does Anyone Regret Moving From D700 to D800 ?

G